Monday, February 28, 2011

OSCARS 2011 ~~~Whimsical Dresses~~~


OK so I know that pretty much everybody is probably posting something about the Oscars today and for that reason I tried to resist and post about something completely unrelated...

BUT

Clearly, I failed.

I just couldn't resist featuring some of the amazing dresses of the night.

The Oscars overall, this year, were a bit of a bore.
I only caught the last half so maybe thats an unfair judgement but nothing really impressed.

I'm glad that Natalie Portman won for Best Actress
and I haven't seen "The King's Speech" yet, 
but I'd like to because I'm sure it will be very good.

NOW ON TO THE DRESSES!
Black Swan actress Mila Kunis ’ wore my favourite dress of the night.  
She wore a hyper feminine (very flattering) Elie Saab couture lace gown that exuded pure romance in an unexpected colour.

Cate Blanchett got a little flack from some people for her dress of choice. 
She rocked a complex yet elegant crystal-and-pearl-embellished Givenchy Haute Couture gown.  
It's a little different but I absolutely love it!

Halle Berry wore a whimsical beaded tulle Marchesa gown.  I love that this look is becoming so trendy right now.  Only because that means that I get to see more amazing dresses like this.  It is soft and feminine.  
This gown would make a lovely wedding dress.


Hilary Swank wore a  Gucci ombré sequinned gown which, like Berry's, is whimsical and very "of-the-moment" with it's feather and sparkles.  It looked beautiful on her.  
I love the "colour fade."

These three lovely ladies made some excellent choices as well!
 Hailee Steinfeld in an amazing tulle Marchesa gown.
Michelle Williams in white beaded Chanel gown.
Mandy Moore in a pretty sequined and tulle Monique Lhuillier gown.

Florence Welch (of Florence and the Machine) wore a Valentino couture tiered gown.  I can't commit to loving this dress as is, only because I'm not a fan of the colour with her skin tone.  BUT the dress itself is fantastic.  If it had been in a different colour (violet, a light icy blue, or even a deeper, richer shade of yellow) I think I would have loooooved it.

So thats it people.  I gave in.  Sorry.  
I promise the next post will be less mainstream.

But can you blame me? These dresses are to die for.

*Sigh* To be a celebrity....


(All info and photos courtesy of elle.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis